Seattle Mist Necklace
This indigo blue and gold floral tassel necklace has color, sparkle, and history, adding a unique flair to your Zoom meetings, daytime adventures and candlelit dinners. Wear it to work or a wedding, dressed up or down.
With details like hand cut vintage lace and painted indigo silk, the Seattle Mist Necklace is a celebration of historical fabric and techniques. Hanging from a cable chain, the lace circle is topped with a hand wrapped Czech glass rectangle bead, rescued from vintage warehouse stock. The piece is finished with a tassel of light catching beaded gold chain.
A thoughtful jewelry gift for your BFF, significant other, or yourself.
• Each necklace is carefully hand made in the Vermont studio of Ceci Leibovitz.
• American hand cast pewter and brass chain generously plated in 24 karat gold.
• Vintage Czech glass bead hand wrapped in 14k gold filled wire.
• 16" chain length. Other custom length may be requested.
• Pendant is protected with a layer of crystal clear epoxy resin, so lace is completely preserved. It has the look of glass but will not break and is lighter weight.
* Pendant measures about 22mm diameter (a little larger than an American nickel).
• Scrolled floral engraving on circle back.
Years ago, on a misty afternoon, I was part of an indigo plant dyeing workshop on Vashon Island, just outside of Seattle. It was amazing to start with white silk, see it turn green upon taking it out of the dye bath and then deep Indigo blue as the oxygen transformed it. A small piece of this indigo silk has been used in the Seattle Mist Necklace, and this is the inspiration for its name.
The floral lace in this design comes from the textile collection of my mother in law's family, with many pieces dating back to the late 1800s and early 1900s. It is the type of embroidered cutwork lace that might have been sewn onto the edge of a dress or decorated a blouse.
The Seattle Mist Tassel Necklace is part of the Ceci Leibovitz Heritage Collection; this modern day keepsake jewelry incorporates historical fabrics, to celebrate a time when many of the items worn and used by families, were made by their own hands. I am always searching for hidden treasures rescued from dusty attics, vintage warehouse stock and estate sale finds, to give them new life in these dynamic jewelry pieces.
Follow these guidelines and enjoy your necklace for many years to come.
• Do not wear while sleeping or in the shower.
• Store in a small cloth or plastic bag inside your jewelry box while not being worn.
• Use a polishing cloth only if necessary. Front of pendant circle can be gently wiped with a baby cloth if necessary.
Each jewelry piece is handmade in the Vermont Studio of Ceci Leibovitz. Please allow 2 weeks for your necklace to be custom made for you.