Blue & Gold Tassel Necklace
This blue and gold floral necklace would be a lovely 'something blue' for a winter or spring wedding. It looks equally stunning with a sweater or work outfit.
With details like hand cut vintage lace and painted silk, this necklace is a celebration of historical fabric and techniques. Hanging from a cable chain, the lace circle is topped with hand wrapped Swarovski crystals and antique Bohemian glass beads, rescued from vintage warehouse stock. The Bohemian glass has a wonderful iridescent sparkle. The piece is finished with a tassel of light catching beaded gold chain.
A thoughtful jewelry gift for your BFF, significant other, or yourself.
• Each necklace is carefully hand made in the Vermont studio of Ceci Leibovitz.
• American hand cast pewter and brass chain generously plated in 24 karat gold.
• Swarovski crystal beads hand wrapped in 14k gold filled wire.
• Choice of 16" or 24" chain length. Other custom length may be requested.
• Pendant is protected with a layer of crystal clear epoxy resin, so your lace is completely preserved. It has the look of glass but will not break and is lighter weight.
* Pendant diameter: about 22mm (a little larger than an American nickel).
• Scrolled floral engraving on circle back. Just as pretty as the front.
The floral lace in this design comes from the textile collection of my mother in law's family, with many pieces dating back to the late 1800s and early 1900s. It is an embroidered cutwork design and would have been used to decorate the hem of a skirt, a wedding gown or blouse.
The Blue Shimmer Tassel Necklace is part of the Ceci Leibovitz Heritage Collection; this modern day keepsake jewelry with an old world feel incorporates historical textiles, to celebrate a time when many of the items worn and used by families, were made by their own hands. I am always searching for forgotten treasures rescued from dusty attics, vintage warehouse stock and estate sale finds, to give them new life in these dynamic jewelry pieces.
Follow these guidelines and enjoy your necklace for many years to come.
• Do not wear while sleeping or in the shower.
• Store in a small cloth or plastic bag inside your jewelry box while not being worn.
• Polishing cloth not recommended as it could wear down the gold plating. Front of pendant circle can be gently wiped with a baby wipe if necessary.
Each jewelry piece is handmade in the Vermont Studio of Ceci Leibovitz. Please allow 2 weeks for your necklace to be custom made for you.